Re: Ubuntu Jaunty ext3 --> ext4 upgrade issue

From: Marvin
Date: Thu Feb 19 2009 - 04:43:20 EST

Hi Tim,

Am Mittwoch 18 Februar 2009 19:10:38 schrieb Tim Gardner:
> Ted,
>
> I've encountered a situation where the patches that you've proposed for
> stable updates might be causing some issues. This user ivoks appears to
> have an upgrade issue. I assume he's enabled ext4 on an existing ext3
> file system. Hopefully I can get more details. Have you seen anything
> like this?

I had a similar issue with intrepid. To be able to boot from the ext4 fs, I
installed grub2 from jaunty. The error went away after compiling grub2 from
source and coping only the ext2.mod to the grub dir. So there must be some
later updates missing. I guess this is some fallout from 2.6.27/TESTFS or
similar.

Marvin