Re: [git pull] x86 fixes

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Sat Feb 21 2009 - 03:43:19 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> | commit fa2144ba9a31d1d0dc9607508576c3850e0d95b1
>> | Author: Sam Ravnborg <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> | Date: Fri Feb 15 13:53:11 2008 +0100
>> |
>> | kbuild: explain why DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH is UNDEFINED
>
> hm, that's 2008 not 2009.
>
> I dont know why the section warnings went away, but i frequently
> saw these warnings and i never forced
> CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH on the command line.

Either way, I was rather unhappy to find out that my test scripts were
silently broken by this change a year ago. Furthermore, right now there
are only 9 section warnings in allyesconfig on x86-64 and 12 on i386,
and one of those was the one I just corrected. The last thing we need
is them to be squelshed.

These patches should be backed out at once.

-hpa