Re: [TIP] BUG kmalloc-4096: Poison overwritten (ath5k_rx_skb_alloc)

From: Jiri Slaby
Date: Mon Feb 23 2009 - 17:23:16 EST

On 23.2.2009 16:35, Bob Copeland wrote:
As I understand it, yes, we don't do the right thing when the more flag
is set. We're supposed to keep processing packets until we get one with
the done flag, and then all of that is supposed to be merged into a single
packet. Other flags such as the rx rate are only valid on the final
packet.

What I don't understand is how we can proceed further, if we should never get done flag set according to the specs for the buffer which has more flag set. We should hit (unlikely(ret == -EINPROGRESS)) test everytime.

So I am not sure if the jumbo packets are causing bad things to happen,
or if they are an indication that something bad has already happened.

I don't know, it was just an idea. I tried to lower rxbufsize to 1000 and see no problems so far (except unsupported jumbo warnings and packet loss indeed).