Re: HTC Dream aka. t-mobile g1 support

From: Jamie Lokier
Date: Tue Jun 16 2009 - 11:16:26 EST

Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> As I wrote above I can't remember if this actually happened recently for
> me on the arm list, but having this happen to people who want to
> contribute patches is just extremly rude and demotivating.

The main frustration I found, with any list like that, is there's no
way at all to submit the message/patch which does not involve a lot of
fiddling around and a long memory (if subscription takes time), just
to post one message and then unsubscribe.

One thing which would soften that, may be the rejection message
including a URL or "reply to this rejection to post anyway" option so
you can post your message if you really want to by following the URL
or replying to the rejection, which spambots and such won't do.

-- Jamie