Re: HTC Dream aka. t-mobile g1 support

From: Brian Swetland
Date: Wed Jun 17 2009 - 05:40:53 EST

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 2:11 AM, Pavel Machek<pavel@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> > ...in trout... Does dream really support flash?
>> >
>> > Â Â Â Â{
>> > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â.name = "spotlight",
>> > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â.gpio = TROUT_GPIO_SPOTLIGHT_EN,
>> > Â Â Â Â},
>> >
>> > ...what is spotlight? I wish dream had some way to produce light in
>> > dark...
>>
>> Earlier revisions had an LED flash for the camera. ÂThis didn't make
>> it into the final hardware.
>
> Ok, and what is the spotlight? Did flash have two modes?

iirc "spotlight" was the anti-redeye pre-illumination mode.

> One more question... do you have keymap.map to make console usable? By
> default, keyboard lacks any special characters...

I don't think we ever put together a full keymap for the console,
since we don't use it much. Arve might have done something with
setkey once upon a time.

> Flash is not wired on Dreams users actually have, document that.

We should probably just remove the mapping for it entirely. The EVT
hardware that had flash capability is long-since obsolete and never
existed in very high quantities. I'll take a look through the board
files to see what else we can lose -- I think there may be keymaps for
some early versions of development hardware, etc, that also could go.

Brian