Re: 2.6.30: suspend-to-ram, second s2r wakes up immediately

From: Frans Pop
Date: Wed Jun 17 2009 - 18:24:54 EST

On Wednesday 17 June 2009, Thomas Meyer wrote:
> Sure. Rearranging the usb devices and removing some hubs makes the
> problem go away in most cases...

I see that you still have the Broadcom "Wireless RNDIS device" attached
that was my initial suspect after looking through your boot log.

Does removing that device make the problem go away? Can you reproduce the
problem at all without that device connected (during boot)?

Probably moving that device to a different controller than used for your
keyboard and mouse will also get rid of the problem. Correct?

If removing that device does solve the problem, I would guess that without
it you will also no longer have that "PME+" value in the output of lspci
for the USB Controller it is connected to.

Hopefully someone else can then explain how/why that device forces the
PME+ setting for the controller.

But I must also say that to me it seems rather fragile that in default
configuration a random USB device can suddenly cause wakeups as result of
a change caused by a totally different device.

Cheers,
FJP