[PATCH] trivial, update the comment in kthread_stop()
From: Oleg Nesterov
Date: Thu Jun 18 2009 - 20:56:20 EST
"kthreads: rework kthread_stop()"
commit 63706172f332fd3f6e7458ebfb35fa6de9c21dc5 removed the limitation,
but forgot to update the comment.
Since that commit it is OK to use kthread_stop() even if kthread can exit
Signed-off-by: Oleg Nesterov <oleg@xxxxxxxxxx>
@@ -180,10 +180,12 @@ EXPORT_SYMBOL(kthread_bind);
* @k: thread created by kthread_create().
* Sets kthread_should_stop() for @k to return true, wakes it, and
- * waits for it to exit. Your threadfn() must not call do_exit()
- * itself if you use this function! This can also be called after
- * kthread_create() instead of calling wake_up_process(): the thread
- * will exit without calling threadfn().
+ * waits for it to exit. This can also be called after kthread_create()
+ * instead of calling wake_up_process(): the thread will exit without
+ * calling threadfn().
+ * If threadfn() may call do_exit() itself, the caller must ensure
+ * task_struct can't go away.
* Returns the result of threadfn(), or %-EINTR if wake_up_process()
* was never called.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/