Re: security: rename ptrace_may_access => ptrace_access_check

From: James Morris
Date: Tue Jun 23 2009 - 21:09:27 EST

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009, Oleg Nesterov wrote:

> > > thanks! Below are the two patches i wrote and tested.
> >
> > Do you need these in your tree, or are they ok going into linux-next via
> > mine?
>
> James, Ingo, what happend with these renames? I don't see them
> in linux/kernel/git/jmorris/security-testing-2.6.git.

The context was probably lost for some reason, e.g. waiting on acks or for
reviewer questions to be resolved. Please resend if you don't see them
applied and also always indicate any depdendencies on other patches.

It is unliklely that I'd apply security-related patches of any kind of
non-trivial nature without reviewed-by or acked-by lines from other
developers, and you may need to engage reviewers on an individual basis to
make that happen.

- James
--
James Morris