Re: [tip:tracing/urgent] tracing: Fix too large stack usage indo_one_initcall()

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Fri Aug 21 2009 - 14:35:02 EST

On Fri, 2009-08-21 at 11:13 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Aug 2009, Andrew Morton wrote:
> >
> > Do we have a max-stack-depth tracer widget btw?
>
> Enable FTRACE and then STACK_TRACER. Then just do
>
> cat /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/stack_trace
>
> and you'll get this.

Just a nitpick, but you will want to also add "stacktrace" to the kernel
command line otherwise it is default off. If you forget to do that, you
can also enable it with /proc/sys/kernel/stack_tracer_enabled.

But if you forget what to do, the code will remind you:

[root@mxf ~]# cat /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/stack_trace
Depth Size Location (-1 entries)
#
# Stack tracer disabled
#
# To enable the stack tracer, either add 'stacktrace' to the
# kernel command line
# or 'echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/stack_tracer_enabled'
#

-- Steve