Re: [RFC patch 02/32] x86: Add probe_roms to platform_setup

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Fri Aug 21 2009 - 18:23:18 EST

On 08/21/09 14:29, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
[argh attachments]
> probe_roms is only used on 32bit. Add it to the platform_setup code
> and remove the #ifdefs.
>
> Default initializer is platform_setup_noop() which is overridden in
> the 32bit boot code.

I realize you're aiming to make this transform have no functional
side-effects, but is there a good reason why probe_roms *couldn't* be
done in 64-bit? It seems to me that its useful for coverage
completeness to have the 32 and 64 bit do the same thing even if its
sometimes redundant.