Re: Radeon KMS status (Re: [git pull] drm radeon kms.)

From: Dave Airlie
Date: Wed Nov 11 2009 - 04:14:40 EST

> Hi Dave,
>
> I was wondering about the current state of Radeon KMS, how far are we
> from having it removed from staging?

I'm sort of thinking the next merge window of moving the enable option
into the kernel proper. We still have a metric shitload of work to get to
feature parity with current userspace drivers and we've done no
optimisation work on the rendering portion of the stack so I'm not sure
freezing the API isn't a bit premature, however maybe the API we have is
good enough to support and we can add new ioctls to make it go faster if
we require.

Jerome has proposed some API changes but we really haven't had time to
validate them in any useful way.

Dave.