Re: [linux-pm] intermittent suspend problem again

From: Ferenc Wagner
Date: Wed Nov 11 2009 - 06:30:29 EST

"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@xxxxxxx> writes:

> On Thursday 29 October 2009, Ferenc Wagner wrote:

>>> OK, thanks.
>>>
>>> Still, I'm really afraid we won't be able to debug it any further without a
>>> reproducible test case.
>>
>> Can't you perhaps suggest a way forward there? Or some tricks to create a
>> reproducible test case here?
>
> Well, you can test if the problem is reproducible in the "shutdown" mode of
> hibernation.

Well, both failure modes happen with "shutdown" mode as well (the S|
freeze with yesterday's git, too), but still not reproducibly. When
s2disk is stuck in "Snapshotting system", the system is not completely
dead, it echoes line feeds and Ctrl-C at least (as added to #14504).

I wonder what you did if the issue was reproducible... Is that totally
unapplicable if the problem happens with 10% probability only? Slow,
sure, but until I manage to set up an automated testing bench...
--
Thanks,
Feri.