Allocate continuous memory and physical address.

From: Johnny Hung
Date: Thu Nov 12 2009 - 01:41:48 EST

Hi All:
    I am writing user space application and need to allocate a
continuous memory. The size is just 64KB and I also need to know the
allocated physical memory address. Is is possible to do it in user
space or it should be done it kernel space? BTW, how to allocate
continuous physical memory and got it physical address in kernel
space?
    In addition, is there any different between to trigger a SMI
(System Management Interrupt) in user space and kernel space?
    I appreciated if someone give me a point.

BRs, H. Johnny