Re: [linux-pm] [RFC] Asynchronous suspend/resume - test results

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Thu Dec 24 2009 - 17:11:12 EST

On Thursday 24 December 2009, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> Hi.

Hi,

> I built the async branch of your tree and tested it, also running
> 2.6.33-rc1 + TuxOnIce for comparison. Dmesg for both are attached. Is
> there anything I can/should be doing for you on top of this?

No, thanks a lot.

> I'll try Dmitry's patch on top of this a little later - other things to do first.

No need for that, the patchset contains an equivalent of the Dmitry's patch.

> I noticed that you were doing standard deviations in your stats - how
> many runs were you basing them on?

I usually run 10 iterations of suspend-resume for each configuration.
The raw data are at http://www.sisk.pl/kernel/data/async-suspend-updated.pdf
if you're interested.

> Not sure that I can be bothered to do too many - too much else to do!

Sure, thanks a lot anyway. Your data confirn that there's a measurable gain
from suspending and resuming devices asynchronously.

Have a merry Christmas and happy new year,
Rafael