Re: [GIT PULL] Ceph distributed file system client for 2.6.33

From: Craig Dunwoody
Date: Sun Dec 27 2009 - 19:18:14 EST

sage weil writes (2009/12/21):
>If you want stability, then it's probably too early to merge. If you
>want active users, that essentially hinges on stability too. But if
>it's interest in/demand for an alternative distributed fs, then the
>sooner it's merged the better.

I understand there are many considerations about when to merge something
new, but in general would like to see the Ceph client merged sometime
soon.

In my view, there is a wide range of applications for which Ceph has
the potential to be significantly more efficient than the other
distributed file systems that I know about.

Ceph has a solid architecture and a small but strong dev team. I
believe that the project is now at a point where wider-scale testing
can greatly accelerate progress toward production-level usability.
Having the client in mainline will help reduce barriers to such
testing.

Craig Dunwoody
GraphStream Incorporated