Re: [Alacrityvm-devel] [GIT PULL] AlacrityVM guest drivers for 2.6.33

From: Gregory Haskins
Date: Sun Dec 27 2009 - 20:01:32 EST

On 12/27/09 8:49 AM, Avi Kivity wrote:
> On 12/27/2009 03:39 PM, Gregory Haskins wrote:
>> No, where we are is at the point where we demonstrate that your original
>> statement that I did nothing to improve virtio was wrong.
>>

> I stand by it. virtio + your patch does nothing without a ton more work
> (more or less equivalent to vhost-net).

Perhaps, but my work predates vhost-net by months and that has nothing
to do with what we are talking about anyway. Since you snipped your
original comment that started the thread, here it is again:

On 12/23/09 5:22 AM, Avi Kivity wrote:

> > There was no attempt by Gregory to improve virtio-net.

It's not a gray area, nor open to interpretation. That statement was,
is, and will always be demonstrably false, so I'm sorry but you are
still wrong.

-Greg