Re: [Fdutils] DMA cache consistency bug introduced in 2.6.28

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Sun Dec 27 2009 - 20:55:50 EST

> disable_hlt/enable_hlt was only needed to work around a bug on TM4000
> (Texas Instrument) Laptops which were popular around 1994 / 1995.

I don't think we can fully drop support for these systems.

Did they have an unique PCI ID or something else that could be tested
for?

Perhaps it could be just a white list like dmi_year > 1995 to disable.

Depending on how often floppies are still used this might save
non trivial amounts of power on newer systems :)

Anyways it would be probably good to convert this to the new infrastructure,
and remove the old hooks, but the interrupt-context issue would
need to be fixed first.

-Andi
--
ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- Speaking for myself only.