Re: PNP PS/2 probing racy?

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Thu Jan 28 2010 - 10:57:58 EST

Hi Andi,

On Jan 28, 2010, at 5:54 AM, Andi Kleen <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I noticed that on one test system of machine when booting the same
kernel I get:

PNP: No PS/2 controller found. Probing ports directly.
serio: i8042 KBD port at 0x60,0x64 irq 1
serio: i8042 AUX port at 0x60,0x64 irq 12

and sometimes on another boot

PNP: PS/2 Controller [PNP0303:PS2K,PNP0f03:PS2M] at 0x60,0x64 irq 1,12

Since I presume the BIOS does not change, is it possible the Linux
procedure for this PNP probe is racy? I haven't checked the code so far.

Are you using KVM with that box by any chance?

--
Dmitry