Re: ath5k misbehaving affecting other kernel parts unrelated?

From: Pedro Francisco
Date: Wed Apr 28 2010 - 17:52:24 EST

A SÃbado, 24 de Abril de 2010 18:28:36 Pedro Francisco escreveu:
-snip
> I get an error booting as if I'd forgotten to compile my disk's controller;
-snip

I am now able to compile my own kernels using `make all deb-pkg' on the
vanilla source and additional hocus-pocus to create the initramfs, after
having finally given up on using the Debian way (make-kpkg).

A Sexta, 23 de Abril de 2010 17:37:03 me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx escreveu:
-snip
> Advice for debugging: turn on slub/slab debug options, and possibly
> kmemcheck. kmemcheck was very helpful for me last time I had such
> a corruption issue.

I can't seem to find the "kmemcheck: trap use of uninitialized memory" option
in make menuconfig, section Kernel Hacking, though a search shows it should be
there.

Will it be useful if I do such tests now that I've opened a bug report with
data from slab_debug?
If so, how can I enable such feature?

P.S.: considering I'm just planning on using the kernel for the tests, I don't
bother enabling options which hurt interactivity, as long as a terminal works
well.

Thanks again,
--
Pedro