Re: Staging: RAR support - bring ready to move from staging

From: Greg KH
Date: Tue May 04 2010 - 12:06:23 EST

On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 10:50:32AM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:

> rar: perform a clean up pass
>
> - Move to a registration model where each RAR is claimed/unclaimed
> - Use that to fix the client stuff (one client per RAR so no need to queue stuff)
> - Support unregister so drivers can rmmod themselves safely
> - Fix locking hang on calling rar lock from rar callback
> - Clean up
> - Kerneldoc

I get the following build errors with this patch:
CC [M] drivers/staging/memrar/memrar_handler.o
drivers/staging/memrar/memrar_handler.c: In function âmemrar_initâ:
drivers/staging/memrar/memrar_handler.c:910: warning: passing argument 1 of âregister_rarâ makes integer from pointer without a cast
drivers/staging/memrar/../rar_register/rar_register.h:37: note: expected âintâ but argument is of type âint (*)(void *)â
drivers/staging/memrar/memrar_handler.c:910: error: too few arguments to function âregister_rarâ
make[2]: *** [drivers/staging/memrar/memrar_handler.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [drivers/staging/memrar] Error 2
make: *** [_module_drivers/staging] Error 2

Should I have applied your other patch first?

thanks,

greg k-h