How to write marker info in MMIO trace from kernel

From: Larry Finger
Date: Tue May 04 2010 - 14:36:51 EST

Stephen,

I hope you are the correct person for this question.

I would like to write information into the MMIO trace file similar to
what the user space write to /sys/.../trace_marker would accomplish,
however, I want to do it in place of printk statements in the driver I'm
tracing. Do you have any suggestions on how to do this? I have tools to
merge the trace dump with dmesg output, but the latter lags behind and I
do not get good correlation.

Thanks,

Larry