Re: Regression: monitor fails to sleep/suspend, forced to rebootto correct. 2.6.34-rc6

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Fri May 07 2010 - 04:47:16 EST

On 05/07/2010 01:33 AM, Justin P. Mattock wrote:

Can you do a bisect?
(2.6.32 - HEAD shouldn't
take too long).

Justin P. Mattock

I'm still a git newbie. What specific command should I run and what
output to post?
You want me to do it against HEAD vs "latest known working version"?

Thanks,

Lex.
--
sure.. it's easy(just requires patience).

do a:(in the source tree of kernel)
gist bisect start (enter)
git bisect bad (v2.6.*something, and/or enter for the current)
then
git bisect good v2.6.33
(git bisect will think)
then
make menuconfig
make (compile, reboot etc..)
if it's a good kernel then
(in source tree)
git bisect bad(if the problem is still there git bisect bad).
Oops typo I should of said:
git bisect bad(if the problem is still there, and if it's good
git bisect good (then make(compiling), reboot, then:
then
keep going until git gives it's idea of the problem
(then cry and complain to the authors that they fu*ked it up
just messn);

hope this help.

Justin P. Mattock

was looking for the wiki for you, but Google
came up with a bunch of crap.
(will look for that in the morning etc..)

Justin P. Mattock