Re: [rfc] new stat*fs-like syscall?

From: Ulrich Drepper
Date: Fri Jun 25 2010 - 13:52:31 EST

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 10:47, Andreas Dilger <adilger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> SUSv2 only defines the flags ST_RDONLY and ST_NOSUID, and this is also what is documented in the Linux/BSD/OSX statvfs(3) man page. ÂAccording to the Solaris statvfs(3) man page I found it additionally defines:
>
> ST_NOTRUNC Â 0x04 Â Â/* does not truncate file names longer than
> Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â ÂNAME_MAX */

glibc supports many more flags. SuS of course has to restrict itself,
there are not that many flags which are portable and available on all
the platforms. Look at /usr/include/bits/statvfs.h for what has to be
supported and the values to use. If the values the kernel will use
differ I'd have to (unnecessarily) convert the values. If some values
are missing/not supported I still would have to use /proc/mounts and
nothing is gained.