Re: 2.6.36: Sound stop working

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Aug 12 2010 - 16:20:50 EST

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Pekka Enberg <penberg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 11:00 PM, Thomas Meyer <thomas@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> My sound card stop to work since a few commits. I tried to bisect it and ended up with this:
>>
>> There are only 'skip'ped commits left to test.
>> The first bad commit could be any of:
>> 3bcf3860a4ff9bbc522820b4b765e65e4deceb3e
>> c1e5c954020e123d30b4abf4038ce501861bcf9f
>> We cannot bisect more!
>>
>> any ideas what to do now?
>
> Takashi, maybe this is related to Linus' problem?

Yes, I'm 99% sure it is. I haven't bisected my problem all the way,
but I've bisected away all the sound changes (and as mentioned, doing
a 'cat' to /dev/audio works). And yes, the fanotify changes are right
in the middle of my bisect.

So I suspect it's not sound that is broken at all, but pulseaudio that
got broken by the fanotify changes.

Eric - over to you.

Linus