Re: Attempted summary of suspend-blockers LKML thread, take three

From: Felipe Contreras
Date: Fri Aug 13 2010 - 11:28:33 EST

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 6:14 PM, Paul E. McKenney
<paulmck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 08:52:22PM +0300, Felipe Contreras wrote:
>> Â4) no, we can't say anything about what opportunistic suspend means in practice
>
> Here I disagree. ÂThe Android folks have used it for quite some time.
> We might not be able to apply their experience directly to other software
> stacks, but we should nevertheless be able to learn quite a bit from it.

So when it comes to practice you are relying solely on what Android people say.

If it's true that it's easy to spot the "PM-driving applications",
then it shouldn't be hard for a guy from the Android team to assemble
a basic typical system (X.org, dbus, etc.) with suspend-blockers in a
couple of days.

--
Felipe Contreras