Re: Driver: PCIe: 'pci_map_sg' returning invalid bus address?

From: Evan Lavelle
Date: Sat Aug 14 2010 - 11:26:08 EST

Thanks guys. I had to get this working quickly so I just stuck with my bounce buffer code. I'm not sure that it's technically a 'bounce buffer'; it just so happens that 'pci_alloc_consistent' returns an address in the low 32 bits. This may stop working if the user installs more than 4Gig of memory but I can live with that for now. Performance isn't great (~110Mbytes/s on 4-channel PCIe) but it's good enough.

It's disappointing that LDD didn't have anything to say about this; it's pretty fundamental to DMA on x86_32 and PAE.

Thanks -

Evan