Re: Freebsd image from Qemu hangs on booting in KVM

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Sun Aug 15 2010 - 12:03:02 EST

On 08/05/2010 11:51 PM, Anjali Kulkarni wrote:
Thanks Avi,
I am trying to reproduce this on another setup, and do not see the issue.
My understanding is to run KVM + Qemu, I only need to install KVM modules,
and Qemu does not need to be modified. Is that correct?
I see

[root@ipg-virt01 anjali]# lsmod | grep kvm
kvm_intel 87016 0
kvm 211496 1 kvm_intel

[root@ipg-virt01 anjali]# modprobe -l 'kvm*'
/lib/modules/2.6.18-164.el5/kernel/extra/kvm.ko
/lib/modules/2.6.18-164.el5/kernel/extra/kvm-amd.ko
/lib/modules/2.6.18-164.el5/kernel/extra/kvm-intel.ko

And then I run Qemu, as I did, before installing KVM. It should just use
KVM? Is there any way I can check?

'info kvm' from the monitor

Btw, when it hangs, I cannot even press any key, so not sure how I can get
those commands you suggest below..

alt-ctrl-2