Compat-wireless for 2.6.36-rc1 release

From: Luis R. Rodriguez
Date: Mon Aug 16 2010 - 20:20:06 EST

Linus released 2.6.36-rc1 over the weekend. We've been following the
next kernel's development cycle through the master branch of both
compat-wireless.git and compat.git. I just created the branch for each
of those git trees for the 2.6.36.y release and put up the first
tarball for testing purposes:

http://www.orbit-lab.org/kernel/compat-wireless-2.6-stable/v2.6.36/compat-wireless-2.6.36-rc1-1.tar.bz2

Note that the extra -1 here accounts for the fact that we can have bug
fixes within compat-wireless.git and/or comat.git during one extra
version of the kernel or even during one rc release.You can find the
ChangeLog of what went in to this kernel by reading this:

http://www.orbit-lab.org/kernel/compat-wireless-2.6-stable/v2.6.36/ChangeLog-2.6.36-rc1-wireless

Please report any issues, remember this is a stable kernel so if there
is a bug it should be reported ASAP.

compat-wireless code metrics

494638 - Total upstream lines of code being pulled
1699 - backport code changes
1460 - backport code additions
239 - backport code deletions
5979 - backport from compat module
7678 - total backport code
1.5522 - % of code consists of backport work

Base tree: linux-2.6-allstable.git
Base tree version: v2.6.36-rc1
compat-wireless release: compat-wireless-v2.6.36-rc1

If you have a bug fix for compat-wireless.git which also applies down
to the linux-2.6.36.y branch or a patch for compat.git that applies to
its respective linux-2.6.36.y branch please indicate it on the patch
you send. You can do so by marking the patch with this on the commit
log:

Applies-to: linux-2.6.35.y

for example if the fix was also required for the 2.6.35.y branch. You
can specify branch ranges as well.

Applies-to: linux-2.6.32.y-linux-2.6.35.y

I'll send out a full ChangeLog of the compat-wireless.git and
compat.git contributions for this release once we bake the final
2.6.36 release along with Linus.

This goes compile and load tested with ath9k using a 3x3 AR9003 card on 2.6.32.

Luis