Re: [Scst-devel] Fwd: Re: linuxcon 2010...

From: Vladislav Bolkhovitin
Date: Wed Aug 18 2010 - 13:52:32 EST

Joe Landman, on 08/18/2010 08:28 PM wrote:
Quick question ... will LIO support SRP? I should probably run over to
their lists and ask, but a quick inspection of their site this morning
shows that they are mostly iSCSI and FC focused. (LIO folks, please
feel free to step up and comment)

I'd certainly like to see a single framework, but not at the cost of
losing important (to us) functionality. We'd like to continue to use
SRP, and iSCSI. We'd like to use iSER (which is in the tgt stack) which
LIO would give us when merged with tgt. We are currently using SCST's
iSCSI and SRP stack within our products.

Joe,

For iSER LIO would not give you anything SCST can't give you. With LIO you would use the iSER target via STGT pass-through sg/bsg. You can the same way use it with SCST scst_local module.

Vlad