Re: cgroup: rmdir() does not complete

From: KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki
Date: Thu Aug 26 2010 - 22:40:16 EST

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 09:56:39 +0900
Daisuke Nishimura <nishimura@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Or is it likely to be some other cause, and how best to find it?
> >
> What cgroup subsystem did you mount where the directory existed you tried
> to rmdir() first ?
> If you mounted several subsystems on the same hierarchy, can you mount them
> separately to narrow down the cause ?

It seems I can reproduce the issue on mmotm-0811, too.

try this.

Here, memory cgroup is mounted at /cgroups.
==
#!/bin/bash -x

while sleep 1; do
date
mkdir /cgroups/test
echo 0 > /cgroups/test/tasks
echo 300M > /cgroups/test/memory.limit_in_bytes
cat /proc/self/cgroup
dd if=/dev/zero of=./tmpfile bs=4096 count=100000
echo 0 > /cgroups/tasks
cat /proc/self/cgroup
rmdir /cgroups/test
rm ./tmpfile
done
==

hangs at rmdir. I'm no investigating force_empty.

Thanks,
-Kame