Re: Power machines fail to boot after build being successful

From: divya
Date: Mon Aug 30 2010 - 02:14:12 EST

On Friday 27 August 2010 07:31 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Hi Mikey,

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 11:15:46 +1000 Michael Neuling<mikey@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
After successfully building the kernel version
2.6.36-rc2-git4(commitid d4348c678977c) with the config file
attached(used make oldconfig), P5 and P6 power machines fails to
reboot with the following logs

Logs collected while rebooting into today next, same occurs with the
upstream kernel too.
This will fix your problem:
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/62757/
I have seen something similar in my linux-next boot tests, so I will add
this patch to linux-next for today.
Hi,

The same problem occurs on the linux-tree , now that since the patch is integrated into linux-next,
im not able to find the problem with linux-next-20100827.

When will the patch be integrated with the linux-tree.

Thanks
Divya