Re: HDMI open source to handle audio/video/CEC in one driver

From: Guennadi Liakhovetski
Date: Tue Sep 28 2010 - 10:29:24 EST

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010, Raymond Liu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My company is working on the Linux HDMI open source driver for our
> chipsets (with audio/video/CEC controls).  Is there any similar
> project ongoing for this kind of driver in Linux community? Who
> should I contact with for this?

I think, it depends on what kind of hardware it is, resp, what kind of a
driver you'd like to have. Best fit for HDMA, IMHO, is a KMS driver. If,
however, that's too much for you and you only want a framebuffer driver,
you might want to have a look, how HDMI support has been recently added to
the sh_mobile_lcdcfb.c driver - both video and audio. Try to begin here
http://search.gmane.org/?query=hdmi&group=gmane.linux.ports.sh.devel and
look for patches from Morimoto-san and myself. But HDMI with framebuffer
is not a very elegant combination, so, if you can, try KMS.

Good luck
Guennadi

> Thanks,
> Raymond Liu
>
> P.S. I wish to be personally CC'ed the answers/comments posted to the
> list in response to my posting.
> --

---
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.