Re: [concept & "good taste" review] persistent store

From: Tony Luck
Date: Fri Dec 17 2010 - 18:54:01 EST

#2 sounds more applicable here (we have some multi-kilobyte
blobs of data, one from each kmsg_dumper invocation - and
it would seem useful to keep them as separate entities)

I'm not sure whether everyone would be happy with this. Imagine you
have a system that gets two OOPs, followed by a full panic - but that
the persistent store only has space for two of the three reports. I think
that most people would want the first OOPs and the panic ... i.e.
drop the middle bit, rather than the oldest bit.

-Tony