Re: [announce] vfs-scale git tree update

From: Sedat Dilek
Date: Wed Dec 22 2010 - 05:22:13 EST

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 10:53 AM, Nick Piggin <npiggin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Git tree is here:
>
> Âgit://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/npiggin/linux-npiggin.git
>
> Branch is:
>
> Â Âvfs-scale-working
>
> Changes since last posting:
> * Fix for the cgroupfs crash (probably temporary until Al's fixes are
> Âmerged).
> * Fix a couple of bisectability bugs.
> * Fix a race in disconnected dentry alias handling causing NFS to explode
> Âunder load. Basically the patch to split dentry hash locks needs to
> Âlock the s_anon list with a seperate lock, which it wasn't doing
> Âproperly in the d_move() code.
>
> Thanks to all testers.

[ CC Al Viro and Lennart Poettering ]

Thanks for fixing this so quickly, Nick.
I am looking forward to see Al's vfs work got merged into linux-next.

Here some feedback from IRC #systemd/freenode (21-Dec-2010, UTC+1):

[17:14:23] <mezcaler1> dileks: fun that we are able to trigger such problems
[17:14:46] <mezcaler1> dileks: seems systemd is definitely a good
"test case" already ;-)

- Sedat -