Re: VERY slow scrolling on radeon graphics card: debugging atiming issue?

From: Michel Dänzer
Date: Thu Dec 23 2010 - 02:25:39 EST

On Mit, 2010-12-22 at 05:55 -0500, Mark Hounschell wrote:

> I also see this very problem on several machines I have with radeon video.
> For me the worst part is using vi in a konsole. Moving the cursor around
> is so slow that I just can't use these machines directly and have to ssh
> into them from another machine just to work on them.

That's not the same problem as the one described by Michael, which is
about the console on virtual terminals different from X.

For your problem, try choosing a different font (a fontconfig one
instead of a legacy X one) in konsole.

--
Earthling Michel DÃnzer | http://www.vmware.com
Libre software enthusiast | Debian, X and DRI developer