Re: Sending some form of notifaction when sched_fifo throttlingkicks in...

From: Dario Faggioli
Date: Thu Dec 23 2010 - 09:45:23 EST

On Thu, 2010-12-23 at 15:04 +0100, Dhaval Giani wrote:
> > ... If you think you're fine with some /proc (and perhaps cpuacct, if
> > cgroups are being used) readable, I can try to come up with something.
> >

> There is no point in putting it in cpuacct since cpuacct can be used
> separately from cpu.

Which would mean that you'd need both for having such stat. Anyway, I'm
fine with putting this in 'cpu' as well, just trying to find a consensus
on what the right place is.

> > Do others have some idea and/or comments about that? This is
> > ABI/interface, and that really scares me! :-P
>
> IIRC, your patchset had something like this for getting the
> statistics? Starting fromt hre, would schedstats be the right place?

SCHED_DEADLINE patchset has both signaling capabilities and some
statistic reporting, bat it's a different thing.

I think schedstat could be the right place for _this_ thing here, but
since each cgroup could be throttled, we also need something which is
per-cgroup... Don't you agree?

Regards,
Dario

Dario Faggioli, ReTiS Lab, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, Pisa (Italy)

http://retis.sssup.it/people/faggioli -- dario.faggioli@xxxxxxxxxx