irq_startup()

From: Geert Uytterhoeven
Date: Sun Apr 10 2011 - 07:47:28 EST

Hi Thomas, Sato-san,

struct irq_chip has:

unsigned int (*irq_startup)(struct irq_data *data);

while the internal wrapper has:

int irq_startup(struct irq_desc *desc);

The return value and type are nowhere documented, but according to the
callers that
use it, it's flag to indicate that an interrupt was pending, right?

This mechanism seems to be used by startup_ioapic_irq() only, all other
irq_startup implementations always return 0...
Except for h8300_startup_irq(), which returns 0 or -EBUSY?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

            Geert

             Â Â -- Linus Torvalds