Re: Revert 737a3bb9416ce2a7c7a4170852473a4fcc9c67e8 ?

From: Gabriel Paubert
Date: Wed Apr 13 2011 - 04:00:04 EST

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 07:29:22PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> > > Which ioctl does it loop on? Please provide the Xorg.0.log file as well.
> >
> > From memory, the code was 0x64, which is DRM_RADEON_GEM_WAIT_IDLE.
>
> Note that it's normal for this ioctl to be called every time before the
> GPU accessible pixmap memory is accessed by the CPU. Unless the ioctl
> always returns an error, this may not indicate a problem on its own.

It seems to be an infinite loop, always returning EINTR because
of regular SIGALRM delivery.

> > The Xorg.0.log from the previous boot is attached.
>
> I don't see any obvious problems in it. Can you describe the symptoms of
> the problem you're having with X a bit more?

Well, X is dead, or rather in an infinite ioctl loop as described above.
IIRC, the display enters a power-down mode and there is nothing to see.

> One thing I notice is that the X server/driver are rather oldish. Maybe
> you can try newer versions from testing, sid or even experimental to see
> if that makes any difference.

I lack time to do it until early May (being away for 2 weeks starting on
Friday and busy on urgent things). I'm indeed Debian stable (Squeeze),
which is rather recent and the machine is about 2 1/2 years old.

Gabriel