Re: Disable PCI while CONFIG_PCI=y

From: Randy Dunlap
Date: Wed Apr 13 2011 - 16:11:01 EST

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 15:05:59 -0500 Xianghua Xiao wrote:

> Is it possible to do something like 'pci=off' to have the same effect
> as turning of CONFIG_PCI during menuconfig?
> I want to build one image for both PCIE RC and PCIE EP(endpoint), for
> EP I do not need PCI to be enabled at all.
>
> looking at drivers/pci/pci.c I don't see such option exists, am I
> missing something?

Hm. Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt says:

pci=option[,option...] [PCI] various PCI subsystem options:
earlydump [X86] dump PCI config space before the kernel
changes anything
off [X86] don't probe for the PCI bus

What $ARCH are you using?

See arch/x86/pci/common.c::pcibios_setup() for code that handles
pci=off

---
~Randy