Re: [Intel-gfx] Major 2.6.38 / 2.6.39 / 3.0 regression ignored?

From: Ray Lee
Date: Tue Aug 09 2011 - 12:56:34 EST

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Kirill Smelkov <kirr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Quite frankly, I don't understand intel-gfx developers attitude: why is
> it me, just random user who is nitpicking here? Why there is no
> interest/will to analyze now obviously buggy/duplicate code and fix it?

Because they don't have an infinite amount of manpower.ÂActual bugs
hitting actual users take precedence over 'cleanups' which always have
a chance of causing regressions, as you're well aware. Code churn for
the sake of abstract prettiness is discouraged, as it has a potential
cost for little potential gain.

If you like, submit a patch. You may now be more up-to-date on those
particular code paths than most of the intel-gfx developers.