Re: Subject: L2x0 OF properties do not include interrupt #

From: Rob Herring
Date: Thu Aug 11 2011 - 12:06:29 EST

On 08/11/2011 10:38 AM, Will Deacon wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 04:32:08PM +0100, Rob Herring wrote:

>>> Ok, I wondered if something like that might be the case.

>>> Given that this binding is only for the l2x0 / pl310 and I don't know of any
>>> implementation where > 1 interrupt line is wired up, I'm happy to assume a
>>> single combined interrupt line for now.
>>>

>> I know of one. Although, we have the combined interrupt as well. The
>> binding should allow either way and specify the order. If the event
>> counter interrupt is 1st, then it should be the same to s/w.
>
> You mean putting the combined interrupt first? If so, we may as well just
> specify that until somebody builds a platform that doesn't have it.

No, either you have 1 interrupt and it is the combined one. or you have
the 9? separate interrupts. Having both combined and separate hooked up
is a bit dumb, so I would not worry about that case. I would just define
the event counter interrupt 1st as that is probably the primary use.
Also, I think that was the only interrupt on the L2x0 controllers IIRC.

It's also conceivable that some of the interrupts get routed somewhere
else rather than just into the GIC.

Rob