Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (nettree related)

From: David Miller
Date: Mon Aug 15 2011 - 01:58:21 EST

From: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 15:20:48 +1000

> After merging the final tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
> allyesconfig) failed like this:
>
> make[5]: *** No rule to make target `drivers/net/ethernet/toshiba/ethernet/sun/sungem_phy.o', needed by `drivers/net/ethernet/toshiba/built-in.o'.
> In file included from drivers/net/ethernet/toshiba/spider_net_ethtool.c:28:0:
> drivers/net/ethernet/toshiba/spider_net.h:30:39: fatal error: ./ethernet/sun/sungem_phy.h: No such file or directory
> In file included from drivers/net/ethernet/toshiba/spider_net.c:54:0:
> drivers/net/ethernet/toshiba/spider_net.h:30:39: fatal error: ./ethernet/sun/sungem_phy.h: No such file or directory
>
> Caused by commit 8df158ac36fa ("toshiba: Move the Toshiba drivers") or
> the surrounding commits.
>
> I have just left this failure for today.

This should fix the include problem, but I suspect this thing won't
link.

Jeff we have to resolve this somehow, I explained last week how
you can't include object files outside of the current directory
in constructs like is being done for the spider_net driver in
order to get the sungem_phy.o thing tacked on.