Re: kernel 3.0: BUG: soft lockup: find_get_pages+0x51/0x110

From: Hugh Dickins
Date: Mon Aug 15 2011 - 15:54:05 EST

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011, Justin Piszcz wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2011, Hugh Dickins wrote:
> >
> > Does it always hit somewhere in find_get_pages(), or does the loop span
> > wider than that?
> Per: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/1178570

You've cut the RIP line out of that report, so I cannot see if it's also in
find_get_pages() or not. I suspect that it is, but nice to see confirmation.

Ah, I missed the "(Continue reading)" button, which reveals "Full output
here": that shows more, and indeed, RIP is at find_get_pages+0x46.

Interesting, but I don't know what's going on here.

Hugh