Re: APEI: Can not request iomem region for GARs

From: Pavel Ivanov
Date: Fri Aug 26 2011 - 23:29:27 EST

Huang,

I can confirm that new patch got rid of the old error message but
introduced a new one:

ERST: Failed to get Error Log Address Range

Also I noticed there's another suspicious message in dmesg and it was
there earlier too (although it's not shown on console):

GHES: Failed to enable APEI firmware first mode

Is it bad? What does it mean?

I'm attaching new dmesg for you.

Pavel