Re: BUG: spinlock lockup while performing FS operations and detectedstalls on CPUs / tasks.

From: JÃrÃme Poulin
Date: Sat Oct 08 2011 - 09:41:20 EST

As soon as smart says there are ANY problem, the disk IS going bad and
will have serious problem soon enough. Especially READ DMA errors
which mean it reallocate sectors. Consumer level disk try to hide
problems as hard as they can until the disk finally fail. Try ddrescue
from disk to /dev/null to check for speed, I guess it is slow.

Envoyà de mon appareil mobile.

JÃrÃme Poulin
Solutions G.A.