Re: [GIT PULL] 9p changes fro merge window

From: Eric Van Hensbergen
Date: Tue Oct 25 2011 - 16:14:24 EST

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 2:25 AM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 6:28 PM, Eric Van Hensbergen <ericvh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>  git://github.com/ericvh/linux.git for-next
>
> So for the merge window, I *really* want the development trees I pull
> from explicitly verified some way.
>
> Now, the p9 patches seem to be small enough, and not core enough, for
> me to care deeply, but I really *really* want to not see unsigned
> github things.
>
> Putting a signed tag on there somewhere that actually signs the top
> commit *and* mentions the repository and branch it is on (ie github)
> kis not wonderfully convenient, but it's at least relatively
> straightforward

just to make sure I understand:
I create a tag for the top commit of my for-linus branch using my new
4096 PGP key to sign it and in the description give the github.com URL
and branch name?

> (do I have a gpg key I can trust?).

We did a key-signing party in Austin a few weeks back, but we've only
got a single link to the larger web of trust (via Olaf). Should that
be sufficient?

> (Also, I'm only seeing about half the patches mentioned in linux-next. Hmm?)

okay. that's weird. I thought linux-next has been pulling from my
github tree (I sent an updated URL some time back). I guess I never
really checked to make sure he was getting the updated files. I'll
rectify this as well.

-eric