Re: [git patches] libata updates, GPG signed (but see admin notes)

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Sat Oct 29 2011 - 15:28:08 EST

On 10/29/2011 03:13 PM, Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:
On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 16:22:35 EDT, Jeff Garzik said:

For this reason, I am tempted to modify my new, GPG-signed pull request
template as follows, for subsequent pull requests:

---<begin GPG signed text>---

pull req description

"Please pull from $branch\n$url $branch"

"Top of tree is $sha1_commit"

---<end GPG signed text>---

diffstat
diff

Note that this can be problematic as well - there's probably a lot of tools out there
that will be less than gracious when presented with a GPG-signed text with non-signed
trailing text. Maybe GPG-sign from "pull request" to "diffstat" and make the diff an
attachment? (That would also allow attaching a gzip'ed diff, which would save vger's
bandwidth :)

I'm not sure I buy that. A GPG-signed email, something that's been around for more than decade, transits the system with unsigned email headers. GPG content is commonly delivered buried inside a larger container.

Jeff