Re: Linux 3.4-rc1

From: Subash Patel
Date: Wed Apr 04 2012 - 08:24:51 EST

On 04/02/2012 02:11 PM, Daniel Vetter wrote:
On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 12:40:39PM +0900, Kyungmin Park wrote:
On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 12:34 AM, Rob Clark<rob.clark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 6:58 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
- drm dma-buf prime support. Dave Airlie sent me the pull request but
didn't push very hard for it, it's in my "ok, I can still pull it for
3.4 if individual DRM driver people tell me that it will make their
lives easier." So this is in limbo - I have nothing against it, but I
won't pull unless I get a few people say "yes, please".

yes, please :-)

Note that the core drm dma-buf/prime support has already been reviewed
by a lot of folks, and tested with a few different drivers (exynos,
omapdrm, i915, nouveau, udl) with some driver support that could be
pushed for 3.5 cycle if the core support makes it in for 3.4 cycle.
Yes, Please.

It's used for exynos display and multimedia.

Thirded.

There are a lot of loose pieces to juggle until we have everything in
place for buffer sharing (and quite a few of this involve contentious
topics). But this core piece for integrating dma-buf with drm here has
been acked/reviewd by all the relevant people and merging it would imo
greatly help in wiring up all the other loose ends.

Cheers, Daniel

(yes, please) ++

I have been using the dma-buf with dma-mapping(Marek's patches) on origen(exynos4210), and basic things are good. I wish this gets into kernel along with the dma-mapping support asap.

Regards,
Subash