Re: Unhandled IRQs on AMD E-450

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Fri Apr 27 2012 - 04:22:16 EST

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:48:32AM +0200, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> andymatei@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > I have bought the Asus E45M1-M PRO to use in my home storage. [...]
> > I get "Disabling IRQ 16" and "Disabling IRQ 19". [...]
> > Is there a patch or something that resolves this issue yet?
>
> As far as I remember, this is a hardware bug in the ASMedia PCIe/PCI
> bridge. This can neither easily nor completely be worked around in
> software.

So, I got noted of this discussion: https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/1/30/216

So why aren't you guys producing a proper patch for people to test?
Simply get everyone of the bugreporters to give it a try and if all is
well, Linus said he'll take it.

Clemens, Jeroen?

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Advanced Micro Devices GmbH
Einsteinring 24, 85609 Dornach
GM: Alberto Bozzo
Reg: Dornach, Landkreis Muenchen
HRB Nr. 43632 WEEE Registernr: 129 19551