Re: [tip:x86/urgent] x86, cpufeature: Rename X86_FEATURE_DTS toX86_FEATURE_DTHERM

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Sun Jun 24 2012 - 17:02:26 EST

On 06/24/2012 01:39 PM, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

It isn't about finger-pointing, it is about a failure of process; we had
a process that would have caught this problem and the process failed.
There are certainly blame enough to go around, but I think one of the
things here is that lack of response isn't necessary an ACK - it may
actually be that the patch looked at first glance like it had no impact
on our area (incorrectly as it turned out.)

Let me be clear: I'm not blaming you, or anyone else, personally. Like many other failures, there were a number of steps in the chain here, one of them being not checking this in the script from the beginning, and that one is mine.

-hpa